Did you know: Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. It helps give shape, strength, and integrity to many tissues, including your skin, bones, tendons, and heart. As we age, our bodies do not produce as much. This can affect our appearance and our health in many ways.
Put simply: collagen makes up about 75% of the dry weight of your skin, providing volume that keeps skin looking plump and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. It’s also rich in amino acids proline and glycine, which you need to maintain and repair tendons, bones, joints and gut lining. Since healthy skin is a function of a healthy gut lining, this is KEY for beauty, vitality AND holistic body power!
After the age of 40, signs of collagen deficiencies begin to become more noticeable (I can definitely vouce for this). We begin to lose about 1% of our collagen per year in our mid-20s and lose as much as 30% during the first 5 years of menopause.
One 2014 study of 69 women ages 35 to 55 found that those who took 2.5 or 5 grams of collagen daily for 8 weeks showed a lot of improvement in skin elasticity, compared with those who didn’t take it.
It’s also said to heal wounds twice as fast.
Top 5 reasons to take a Collagen supplement:
- We lose 50% of our body’s collagen by age 60 the main cause for appearing to age quicker.
- Collagen makes up 70% of your skin, hence when it’s low, your hair, skin & nails suffer including cellulite, wrinkles, hair loss and brittle nails.
- Your muscles are comprised of 80% collagen and 20% for bones (including teeth), hence it’s KEY for strength, fitness, endurance and injury reduction
- Collagen is the connective tissue integral for all of your internal organs, including the gut. The glycine in Collagen heals leaky gut, the birthplace for most disease today.
- Using a high-quality collagen powder can be an effective metabolism boosting and weight-loss, fat burning strategy, because it’s very filling. One study found collagen to be 40% more filling than other protein powders, and those surveyed consumed 20% less at their next meal than individuals who consumed whey, casein, or soy protein powders.
Recommended Use: Recommended Use: Mix 40 grams (approx. two scoops) with 8-10 ounces of water or other liquid per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner. You can find hundreds of recipes that my tribe of warriors around the world love and use everyday HERE
Collagen supports a healthy metabolism by providing co-factors such as glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid and key electrolyte minerals.
One that excited me is the amino acid glycine, which has the important role of helping form muscle tissue by converting glucose into energy to feed muscle cells. Because of this, it can add lean muscle mass and help with the conversion of essential nutrients. This is something that I used to recommend in pill form but is far easier absorbed in powder form as well as enjoyed in a smoothie or your morning coffee!
It also contains amino acids arginine, which boosts the body’s ability to make protein from other amino acids as well as glutamine, which provides carbon and nitric oxide which are important for building and maintaining muscles. Glutamine also provides fuel to our cells to maintain energy levels.
For anyone trying to lose weight, collagen can support your weight loss efforts. It stimulates the release of satiating hormones into the blood stream which can help reduce appetite. If I miss my morning shake with ‘Shake it Girl’, I have crazy food cravings for the rest of the day, it’s so WILD.
In summary, it helps to repair and heal leaky gut syndrome (part of the 5R Gut Healing Protocol I recommend to everyone), protects the heart, supports the liver and detoxification, and improves sleep quality. It also strengthens bones, teeth, and nails, improves the quality of skin and hair, reduces cellulite and stretch marks, and repairs and strengthens joints, ligaments, and tendons.
Symptoms of Poor Collagen Production:
- Joint Pain
- Skin Blemishes
- Weakened Nails
- Increased Injury Frequency
- Tight Joints and Muscles
- Hair Thinning
Benefits of Collagen supplementation:
- Supports healthy metabolism
- Improves the quality of your skin and hair
- Helps to repair and heal Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Supports the Detoxification System
- Strengthens Bones, Teeth and Nails
- Repairs and Strengthens Joints and Ligaments
- Reduces Cellulite and Stretch Marks
- Improves Sleep Quality
- Protects the Heart
More About Ingredients:
Shake It Girl Powder is a delicious keto-friendly, high fat powder featuring collagen peptides and fats from avocado oil powder, grass fed butter powder and the medium chain triglyceride caprylic acid (C8). Each 2-scoop serving (40 g) of this unsweetened vanilla-flavored powder provides 16 g of protein from collagen peptides and 16 g total fat per serving, with only 3 g net carbs.
Shake It Girl Powder is formulated to mimic the healthy fatty acid composition found in many ketogenic diets while providing a convenient and portable whole food protein source.
Spotlight on MCTs – MCTs make up over 40% of the fat in Shake It Girl Powder. MCTs (Medium Chain Tryglycerides) are special fats that the body readily converts into ketones, even when someone isn’t on a ketogenic diet. Ketones are an energy source that most cells and tissues in the body can use, but which are especially known for fueling the brain.*
This may explain the mental clarity and sharp cognition many people report when adding MCT oil to their morning beverage. MCTs are digested and absorbed differently than other fats. Owing to this unique metabolism, MCTs can elevate ketone levels without the need for carbohydrate restriction, making KTO-360™ Powder a great choice for keto dieters as well as those not on strict ketogenic diets but who enjoy the distinct effects of MCTs.
Collagen Peptides – The protein in Shake It Girl powder is provided as collagen peptides. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. The body can synthesize collagen, but it’s important to have the right building blocks for this. Collagen-rich animal tissues contain a higher proportion of amino acids needed for human collagen synthesis, but North Americans typically favor muscle meats from animal proteins, which have less collagen than richer cuts such as oxtails, chicken feet, or broths made from bones and joints. Collagen peptides may be beneficial for supporting bone and joint structure as well as supporting healthy connective tissue, hair, skin, nails and muscle tissue.*
- THE IDEAL KETO PROTEIN – Delicious, unsweetened & high-fat keto protein powder that's perfect for a pre- / post- workout boost or everyday nutritional support. Each serving packs in 16 g of protein from collagen peptides and 16 g total fat per serving, with only 3 g of net carbs.*
- COLLAGEN, MCTS & GRASS FED BUTTER – Features collagen peptides and healthy fats from avocado oil powder, grass-fed butter powder and C8 MCTs. Formulated to mimic the healthy fatty acid composition found in many ketogenic protocols while providing a convenient whole food protein source.*
- DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE OR COFFEE ADD-IN – Add to smoothies or as an extra pick-me-up in your hot/iced coffee. This vanilla-flavored powder can be enjoyed by anyone looking to achieve a keto, low-carb, or low-sugar lifestyle.