I made this salad for our Ovaries. Sing it with me….I love my Oh Oh Oh Ohhhhvaries!
The foods you see in this salad offer the following Hormone loving, pain and bloat relieving vitamins, using food as Medicine. This recipe is the BOMB. 😉 The top 3 vitamins we need to have ‘invisible periods' are:
- B Vitamins – avocado and salmon are super rich in B vitamins (give us energy)
- OMEGA 3'S – salmon and spinach (relieves pain, fights inflammation)
- MAGNESIUM – spinach and pumpkin or sunflower seeds (relaxes and calms us)
DANDELION GREENS are as per Dr Mercola, one of the most highly recommended vegetables:
Dandelion is a powerful healer, used to purify the blood, settle digestion and prevent piles and gall stones, among other maladies. The fact is the greens of the humble dandelion provide 535 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin K, which may be the most important source of any other plant-based food. The leaves, but not the roots, are diuretic, which can relieve water retention from menstruation.
Dandelion greens also give the body 112 percent of the daily minimum requirement of vitamin A as an antioxidant carotenoid, which is particularly good for the skin, mucus membranes and vision. They are also high in fiber, which helps your body shed waste. These greens also contain vitamins C and B6, thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, iron (crucial for generating red blood cells), potassium (to help regulate heart rate and blood pressure), and manganese. Other nutrients present in dandelion greens include folate, magnesium, phosphorus, and copper.
APPLES are wonderful to cleanse the kidneys and dispel stones and congestion in our organs. Kidneys purify our blood and prevent blood clots.
Yield 4 servings
SALAD (carbohydrates, fiber, hormone balancing seeds)
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, washed, dried and trimmed
- 1 bunch isotretin oinonline buy spinach (app. 4 handfuls of trimmed spinach leaves)
- 1 apple (cut into 16 pieces)
- 1/2 cup seeds (either pumpkin or sunflower depending on where you're at in your cycle*)
DRESSING (fats, liver loving citrus, kidney cleansing Avocado & adrenal gratifying salt)
- 2 tsps honey
- 1 organic lime, juice and zest
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea salt
- 2 tbsps Avocado (Olive Oil works too)
PROTEIN (protein, anti inflammatory, PMS reducing Omega 3's, body shaping meat)
- OPTIONAL but highly recommended for protein and healthy Omega 3's: 16 oz grilled or cooked Wild Caught Salmon split into fourths on top of each serving
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, salt and oil of choice.
2. Cut the dandelion greens in half, mix it with spinach, and transfer to the bowl with the dressing. Toss the greens with the dressing and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the greens to a bowl and top with seeds (ground preferred, you can use your coffee bean grinder), apple, and salmon if you're feeling fishy.
*In the Hormone Code Challenge in our Warrior for Life Tribe, we teach you about SEED CYCLING to help regulate your hormones via mother natures seeds starring Pumpkin, Flax, Sesame and Sunflower. Here's how to determine which to use:
Follicular Phase: Day 1 to Day 14, or until ovulation: 1 tablespoon each freshly ground raw flax seeds and pumpkin seeds daily. OR 2 tbsp one or the other.
Luteal Phase: From Day 15 (about) to 28, or until menses: 1 tablespoon each freshly ground raw sunflower and sesame seeds daily. OR 2 tbsp one or the other.
Did you just love this salad? Will you share it with your sisters? Was it missing anything that you felt was super yummy to add?