HOW TO REMODEL YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE FROM MOST TOXIC TO LEAST
(due to the amount of toxins in these top/most used products & the amount of skin coverage you apply these products to)
- BODY LOTION — Common Toxin Triggers = Parabens, fragrance and more: Check your products & the ingredients in it, score on EWG and Replace with a healthier, cleaner line. Why is this most important? Because you rub it all over your body, so the amount of real estate you cover is highest. Important to have a Low Toxic product for this reason. Here's an ARTICLE on the Top 6 most toxic found in Body Lotions you'll want to avoid.)
- CLEANSERS — (face or body) — Common Toxin Triggers = SLS (and the contaminant 1-4 dioxane), Parabens, Artificial scents, Greenwashing with terms ‘Now with Essential Oils' (that are usually synthetic, not organic oils)
- LIPSTICK — Common Toxin Triggers = lead as a contaminant, 95% of lipsticks contain this neurotoxic heavy metal (in addition to many others– parabens too)
- PERFUME — Common Toxin Triggers = artificial ingredients and phthalates mainly. Manufacturers are not required to list their fragrance ingredients on product labels. Often only one word, “fragrance”, is used on the label and can hide a cocktail of 1-400 toxic ingredients. This is because fragrances are considered to be “trade secrets”. Then those ingredients are merged with phthalates, because this toxin is like velcro, it is what makes the scent STICK to us and stay on and linger for hours if not days, weeks…The more potent the scent and the longer it lingers, the more toxic it is!
- SUNSCREEN — Common Toxin Triggers = oxybenzone (not only kills coral but it an endocrine disruptor and carcinogen known to 'cause' skin cancer which ironically we apply sunscreen to prevent.
THE TOP 5 INGREDIENTS TO AVOID IN YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE
Avoid these at all costs, for you, your children AND your pets
- Parabens (in almost everything!)
- SLS (products that avoid this are usually avoiding other things too since it's a little “fringe” as a culprit) (more in cleaners like soaps and shampoos)
- Fragrance (in almost everything!)
- Phthalates (in things designed to have a lasting fragrance!)
- Petroleum/Mineral Oil (sometimes these are hidden but sometimes they LITERALLY call it petroleum jelly! bah!) – In a lot of lotions in particular, kind of creates a plastic wrap type film on the skin which is just gross!
TOP 3 TIPS TO REDUCE TOXINS WHILE ALSO HEALING YOUR SKIN
- Prioritize $ investments in face and cosmetics vs body care and hair care. Use TOP of the Line for your face!
- Prioritize clean products for where you apply the majority of creams.
- Use EWG as a resource to score your products (download the app on your phone so it's handy when you're shopping)
SCORING YOUR PRODUCTS - WHICH TO KEEP & WHICH TO REPLACE
This is the greatest tool for transparency: www.EWG.org
With EWG here's what I recommend. Do NOT buy products from brands if they are not on EWG. If a company does not prioritize transparency, I won't support them by buying their products. Some are small Ma and Pa companies and as long as you know your stuff on toxic ingredients to avoid, as well as where they source theirs, go for it. Also, if a product you are searching for is not listed on EWG but the brand who makes it is, check the scores for their other products. If they're not pretty consistently 1-3 Scores, I wouldn't buy from them.
There are plenty of brands who prioritize clean ingredients and also who like Beauty Counter, have something called the ‘NEVER LIST‘ where they promise never to use toxins in their products…the list is LONG. Invest in and partner with a company who shares your same values and tell everyone about it. If you want to join my Beauty Counter team to do just that and earn $ by helping others spread the word and save their skin and the beauty within, CLICK HERE.
You can also make your own cleaning, personal care and beauty products like Jana and I talk about in the Essential Oils video (see the recipes in TWC program), which is what I do for most of my home cleaning products, pet & home scents, perfumes, body oils and shower scrubs.
DIANE’S FAVORITES FOR SKIN / BODY CARE & COSMETIC SOLUTIONS
These are products and kits I use myself, recommend to clients, buy for family and friends and gifts and have seen MASSIVE results over time.
ANTI AGING Kit – Countertime (BONUS: Contains Retinoid, a healthier version of RetinA, which destroys your skin. This is every woman’s best friend kit)
FLAWLESS IN 5 – to replace the top 5 Cosmetics every woman needs!
SUNSCREEN products – also read this Vlog for what to look for in a Sunscreen.
ACNE Line CounterControl – For acne prone skin, this is the ‘Way healthier version of Proactiv and works FAST’.
MY ‘DIANE JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO’ SUGGESTION:
The #1 question I get is: HOW CAN I BOOST MY BEAUTY WITHOUT THE TOXINS & THE HARM THEY CAUSE?
And here’s my answer. If you have Acne, pick the kit above. If you have aging, uneven, blemished skin, pick Countertime. This is what I love about Beauty Counter. You get to have BOTH: Natural Beauty & No toxins!
I have been amazed at the miraculous results of these products, specifically Countertime, which as you can see blow, happen in weeks, and for some women, days after using the kit.
Tighten. Brighten. Enlighten. Welcome to the new age of aging well. Countertime’s innovative, plant-derived Retinatural complex, makes it turnkey with the 4-step regimen designed to visibly firm, brighten, and plump the skin.
Like Botox, Fillers and Retin-A…only BETTER and so much more kind to your skin, and to your soul!
Want more where this comes from? Enroll for my Warrior Cleanse & Beauty Detox Mastercourse on Sale NOW for $197 (will go up to $297 after Black Friday).