For more videos just like this, I hope you join us in our private and completely FREE Facebook Group, The Warrior Cleanse, where we talk food, fitness, family, finances (I LOVE helping you save money), frisky business. 🙂
Here's all the links I referenced in the video.
- GROCERY BAGS I SHOWED YOU (NEW SPONSOR)- use WARRIOR40 for 40% off: http://www.thereusesolution.com/
- FREE ESSENTIAL OIL SAMPLES (for the first 10 to submit this form): https://dianekazer.com/essential-oils
- BERKEY WATER FILTER (ditch water bottles & GET THE TRAVEL BERKEY TODAY) – SERIOUSLY…NOW – use warrior10 for 10% off (don't buy on Amazon, get it from the real deal, trust me) 🙂 – http://bitly.com/warriorwater
- ALL OF THE PRODUCTS I REFERENCED IN THIS VIDEO ARE HERE (Under Green Living):http://184.108.40.206/~sonograp/dianekazer/amazon-store/
NOTE: I update this page after every Xanadu event when I speak…
…so please save it as a FAVORITE so you can keep up. Also, I send out regular and uber helpful newsletters on how to toxin proof your life, starting with our core (where toxins go and make us sick). THE BEST and funnest (yes-huh that's a word) way to do this is, is to get a FREE copy of my SEXY BELLY GUIDE which, highlights 20 powerful steps to get a sexy belly inside and out. I also have another awesome ebook on how to REVERSE AUTO IMMUNE DISEASE. I ditched mine and shared what I did, which has been successful for hundreds of women around the world, like me!
First off, this page was inspired by and created for my XANADU peeps, for whom I am officially the nutrition expert of THE XANADU LIFE…this is something my heart is smiling about. Since I was a kid, I've cared deeply about the planet, and wanted to give back even MORE as an adult. Now I feel I have the blessed opportunity to do just that for a group of thousands of young and hip, fun loving, free hugging conscious souls who want to give back to the planet, starting with themselves. Our external surroundings are a deep reflection of our internal state. Look around..does your environment look healthy to you? If you take one look at our oceans, you'll find the answer is NO. At the bottom of this page, you'll see the 2016 schedule for our coastal clean up, where I'll be presenting as a series, what baby (yet big impact) steps we can take to ditch toxins from our lives, starting with PLASTIC.
Here are the most predominant dangers of consuming and using BPA and plastics in our lives, SOURCE: Mercola.com
“BPA is an endocrine disrupter, which means it mimics or interferes with your body's hormones and “disrupts” your endocrine system. The glands of your endocrine system and the hormones they release influence almost every cell, organ, and function of your body.
It is instrumental in regulating mood, growth and development, tissue function, metabolism, as well as sexual function and reproductive processes. BPA has been linked to a number of health concerns, particularly in pregnant women, fetuses and young children, but also in adults, including:”
This page is dedicated to the many steps you can take in various areas of your life to reduce and eliminate plastics and endocrine disrupting chemicals from your life. We'll start with WATER, the MOST impactful move you can make for a Plastic Free Sea, Plastic Free Me!
STEP 1 – DRINKING & SHOWER WATER, COFFEE, ETC
First off, there's a LOT of movement happening with the danger of drinking not only water contained in plastic water bottles but also the water contained in them. Mike Adams, the Health Ranger is on a mission to expose the lies behind the curtain of ‘safe drinking water', which is everything but. As he announced on his site, May 29:
“Over the next 1-2 weeks, I'll be making three landmark announcements — unprecedented milestones in the history of independent science. One of them, is the release of the complete elemental data set of the first 100 EPA Watch water results. This is the first independent science effort to challenge the EPA's criminal deceptions by independently testing the nation's water supply for toxic elements like lead.” FULL ARTICLE
Lead is a HUGE health concern. Check out my levels before I had my Berkey water system, then after…as well as taking myself through the Detox System & Lifestyle I created called THE WARRIOR CLEANSE. These levels were tested via Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis we conduct for patients in our practice, which is a much more accurate way of assessing deeply stored heavy metal exposure, that accumulates over the years. Blood and urine capture 1 day to 1 week sourced exposure potentially attributing to acute symptoms, but isn't as reliable for addressing the source of ‘chronic' conditions and disease. Anyway, I digress.
I spent hours of research, and tens of thousands of dollars of tests and biohacking in attempt to make me Superhuman, so I can make YOU Superhuman too. Rather than putting you through the ringer of making mistakes and trying to figure it out yourself, I put together my ‘what I would do if I were you to save time, your life and money', which you'll find below. The condensed supporting data as to WHY is as illustrated on the image below, for you who need to see the proof – hey that's totally me…high 5 to all ya'll fellow researchers out there. Time to ditch your Brita, Pur and Aquasana systems and invest in your health … because the EPA is not, obvi. So, who is left to trust? YOU…and Xanadu…and me 😉
If you're here for the first time…WELCOME…I'm a girl you can trust.
And I'm so happy your'e here!
My BEST TIPS:
- Use warrior10 to get 10% off of your ENTIRE purchase.
- If you live in CA, Buy the Travel Berkey (it's the only one available due to some obnoxious CA lead law).
- Since you get 10% off your entire purchase using this one time coupon code, if you can swing it get everything at once:
- Travel Berkey
- Flouride filters
- Berkey Sport Watter Bottle
- Shower filter
- Do NOT buy any of these things off of AMAZON or any other site. Buy DIRECT from Berkey. There are TONS of fakes being sold on Amazon storefronts, plus you won't get the lifetime warranty UNLESS you buy direct from Berkey. I did it wrong the first time and bought on Amazon, had issues with it, had to ship it back and started over. This resulted in lost time, money and energy. When you use our warrior10 code, it ends up being the LOWEST PRICE YOU CAN FIND anywhere, anyway 🙂 AND the shipping to CA is less than a week…totally worth the wait, with these financial AND health savings, you have have to look forward to. 🙂
Once you get squared away with CLEAN drinking water for your home, take a break to come party with us on a Sunset Cruise or a camping trip to the Grand Canyon or Catalina. So, we can celebrate like THIS:
The way we keep these beautiful surroundings as they are is to keep up the momentum.
Soooo…here's what we'll talk about at our future 2016 XANADU Coastal Clean ups:
STEP 2: PLASTIC & FOOD TOPICS
Did you know that BPA Plastic was invented by accident, in a lab almost a century ago? It started as a synthetic estrogen? and somehow made it's way into our food supply and water supply and now is found in 95% + of us, INCLUDING breast milk and hence brand new babies, in UNSAFE levels, that are known to cause disease and disfunction and developmental issues later in life
FACT – the majority of patients I work with are estrogen dominant. NOT because their body is making it, but because we're exposed to it…synthetic estrogens that is. In BPA, plastics, and beyond what you'll learn in our coming clean ups.
Since I don't like being the bearer of bad news, I'm now the babe of GOODNEWS, as @thexanadulife appointed nutritionexpert unicorn. Let us not simply complain about what is bad, let's find what is good, through solutions that will heal us AND the planet, by ditching one plastic product at a time
If this plastic is banned in other countries, why is not banned here?
It's time – I'm going to teach you how to BAN it anyway!
BPA & FOOD:
1. The DANGER – A recent National Toxic Report cites 60 animal and human studies, which link prenatal BPA exposure to an increased risk of a variety of health problems – from breast cancer and prostate cancer to decreased fertility, early puberty, neurological problems, immune system changes, behavioral impacts, diabetes, and liver toxicity. BPA lurks in the majority of canned foods.
2. The PROBLEM – breast cancer & aforementioned health issues
3. The ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS
Ditch plastic cutlerware, and bring your own.
Do a #strawstrike and carry either bamboo, glass or stainless steel in your ToGoWare packet.
Never feel guilty again for using a produce bag…bring your own to the store and Farmers Markets.
Ditch plastic tupperware, and DO Glass SnapWare. Bring them with you to restaurants to opt out of styrofoam.
Pass on Starbucks, juice, smoothie cups by bringing your own to fill up.
All of these solutions are below…simply click on the image to be directed to where you can review and purchase them. 🙂
STEP 3:PLASTIC & PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS
- The danger = BPA, parabens, heavy metals & preservatives are toxic to our skin & organs – OUR SKIN EATS TOO. The majority of sun screen and lotions poison our oceans, mutate species & kill creatures.
- The problem = These ingredients are in the majority of our products, contained in BPA & toxic plastic containers, used once and end up in landfills. To artificially decompose these containers, toxic off gassing occurs and we breath in this air. Not to mention direct contact with our main detox organ (THE LIVER) …. remember ALL disease, ALL symptoms are related to the liver.
- The alternatives = DIY solutions are HAUTE and so IN. How to shop for safer products and better yet, reuse containers & make your own to save $, save the oceans and save your lives!
There are so many plastic containers we buy that never get recycled nor reused.
Not to mention the ingredients in them, are toxic to our bodies and make way to the liver through the skin.
DID YOU KNOW YOUR SKIN EATS TOO?
Whatever you apply to your body, becomes you in less than a minute. It is said that 60-70% travels to our liver and must be filtered, processed, and excreted. Which is a heavy task, being the liver already has 500+ other jobs to do. The best thing for ourselves and our environment is to either seek out packaging that is non plastic, and with the fewest harmful ingredients or DIY, aka Do it Yourself and make your own Personal Care Products, which is MUCH easier than it sounds. I've summarized them below to simplify life for you and your loved ones. AND anyone you care about that you wish to share this with, please do. I created it for all to benefit. 🙂
True or False?
“I don’t need to pay attention to what I use on my body because the U.S. government regulates the safety of personal care products”
FALSE – The sad truth is that personal products (a.k.a. cosmetics) are among the least-regulated products on the market. The current cosmetics law in the United States dates back to 1938, long before the invention of thousands of ingredients. The FDA (charged with oversight of the cosmetics industry) has no authority to require pre-market safety testing, does not have the authority to regulate what goes into cosmetics before they are marketed for consumer use, and has no authority to require recalls of harmful cosmetics or even to require that manufacturers report cosmetics-related injuries to the FDA (source).
In fact, the cosmetics industry rather than a government agency is in charge of policing itself. Like many other industries before them (tobacco, alcohol, and now food), when faced with the possibility of meaningful government regulation (in 1978), the cosmetics industry volunteered to regulate itself by creating the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) Panel. Who determines if ingredients are safe enough to be used in personal products?
“Acceptable levels of risk are entirely at the [Industry] Panel's discretion”
What are those levels of risk the CIR finds acceptable? Consider this: personal care products are manufactured with 10,500 unique chemical ingredients. Out of 10,500 ingredients, CIR has assessed the safety of fewer than 20% or 2,100 of them (leaving over 8,000 untested), and found just 11 ingredients total to be unsafe. Personal care products sold in the United States contain ingredients banned for use in cosmetics in the EU, Japan, and Canada, and contain known carcinogens such as lead and formaldehyde (source). Despite all we have learned about pediatric environmental health in the past several decades:
the CIR doesn't look at the effects of exposures to multiple chemicals linked to negative health impacts; the cumulative effect of exposures over a lifetime; [or] the timing of exposure, which can magnify the harm for the very young and other populations. (source)
If you are uncomfortable with the level of risk industry finds acceptable, you'll have to seek products that adhere to a higher standard than the one set by the cosmetics industry for itself. Here are some strategies I highly recommend to incorporate less toxic personal care products into your life.
6 Ways to Incorporate Non-toxic Personal Care Products into your daily Sexy Body Routine
There are many so approach this with an open mind and rather than feel overwhelmed by it, approach it just like anything else. With baby steps – as you're reading this, I recommend you pay attention to one that stands out and use that one to kick off your routine remodel!
1. Use the Skin Deep Cosmetic Database
There’s 2 ways to do this. Visit their online site at www.ewg.org and/or download their app Skin Deep, which is what I find handy while I’m shopping for products I’m unsure of.
- download the app ‘Skin Deep’ on your Smart phone
- scan the bar code OR type in the name of the product in question
- Observe the rating. The lower the better and less toxic. Low Hazard scores are better. I like to stay in the 0-2 range if at all possible.
Two caveats: the database (maintained by non-profit org, Environmental Working Group – ie EWG) is sometimes incomplete and not always up-to-date, so always cross-check ingredients lists (hence 2-5 below).
2. Shop at Natural Food & Drugstores.
Whole Foods and other natural food and drugstores have their own standards for what products they will carry. These products are not green enough for everyone (many of the “natural” and “eco-friendly” brands score in the Moderate Hazard range or above in the Skin Deep Database), but they will not contain the most offensive ingredients and are definitely an upgrade from CVS and your local grocery store.
3. Identify reliable brands and stick with those.
This is a useful shortcut if you can find one or more brands that you trust to use the safest ingredients while making effective products. For example, some of my favorite brands are:
- doTERRA for DIY as well as many products that come pre made such as toothpaste, household cleaning, hair, beauty, skin products and more. I’m a rep, so if you’d like some samples or would like me to help you chose the best products for your needs and the needs of your family, CLICK HERE to request samples and a free wellness consultation
- Thrive Market online has several brands I enjoy such as Acure. Wholesale products, Costco prices. TIP: You get their FREE product of the month when you order over $60. CLICK HERE to get your first month free PLUS a discount on your first order
- Other brands to look out for that tend to be consistent is Berts Bees, Primal Pit Paste deodorant, Badger sunscreen and Mineral Fusion for make up products.
4. Avoid the worst ingredients.
There are so many sketchy ingredients worth avoiding, it's hard to know where to begin. You may have heard about the problems with parabens, phthalates, triclosan, and fragrance. Here is a more exhaustive list of some of the most hazardous ingredients put together by EWG (read more about each ingredient and what products it shows up in here). Print it out and keep it in your purse.
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
- Boric acid and Sodium borate
- Coal tar hair dyes and other coal tar ingredients (including Aminophenol, Diaminobenzene, Phenylenediamine)
- Formaldehyde releasers – Bronopol, DMDM hydantoin, Diazolidinyl urea, Imidzaolidinyl urea and Quaternium-15
- Methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazolinone and benzisothiazolinone (preservatives)
- Parabens (specifically Propyl-, Isopropyl-, Butyl-, and Isobutyl- parabens)
- Petroleum distillates
- Triclosan & Triclocarban
- Vitamin A compounds (retinyl palmitate, retinyl acetate, retinol)
Sierra Club Green Home has a slightly different list (read more about each ingredient and why you should avoid here):
- dyes (for example, D&C Violet 2)
- ethoxylated compounds (ingredients with myreth, oleth, laureth, ceteareth or any other “eth”; PEG; polyethylene, polyethylene glycol, polyoxyethylene, or oxynol)
- DMDM hydantoin
- Diethanolamine (DEA), triethanolamine (TEA), and monoethanolamine (MEA)
- Quaternary ammonium compounds (benzalkonium chloride, cetrimonium bromide, and quaternium-15)
- thimerosal (mercury)
5. Seek products with familiar ingredients and/or USDA Organic certification.
A long list of unpronounceable ingredients is usually a bad sign. “Organic” and “natural” are potentially meaningless on their own (as are “hypoallergenic,” “unscented,” and even “fragrance-free”), but USDA Organic is regulated and certified.
6. DIY – Make your own!
THIS IS MY RECOMMENDATION OF CHOICE FOR YOU!
As with cleaners and many other products, the safest and most natural route (AND the cheapest) is to make your own. I make as well as teach many others to make everything from deodorant and toothpaste to face masks and cellulite zapping lotion.
If you’re going to Xanadu’s trip to Catalina at the end of September, I will be there teaching a workshop on how to get started on your DIY journey. It’s SO MUCH FUN and will open your entire life to a new way of living. My only caution is that it is SO ADDICTING. Not only will you learn to love on your body in a new and invigorating way, but you’ll also develop a new sense of respect for your temple as well as the energy you allow in your life.
Once you begin to remove toxic products from your life, you’ll begin doing the same with people, situations, projects. The journey of detox is not limited to plastic and toxic ingredients, it extends into other areas, that you’ll be grateful for in the end. Who would have thought that one thing has such a profound impact on many others?
I made this SUPER FUN and really easy DIY deodorant recipe that you can check out HERE.
And again, if you're stoked to get started on your DIY personal care products life, CLICK HERE to tell me which samples you'd like to try and we'll get you set up on a call with me to discuss your individual goals and needs.
Above all…just do SOMETHING.
Pick ONE of these 6 that you want to start using for your first week, then add another, and another until you feel more confident in your approach to keeping your beautiful body as free from toxins as possible.
Whenever you feel yourself slip, and you’re not making it a priority, just say to yourself:
TOXIN FREE, SEXY ME!
STEP 4: PLASTIC & OUR ENVIRONMENT
- The danger =
- The problem =
- The alternatives =
I'm keeping a list of all of the products, items and healthy shortcuts you can use in your life to ditch the toxins in your life, namely plastic, since it's the most toxic substance known to man.
PLEASE READ: Please EMAIL ME to share yours, so I can add them to this list. My goal is to make this a ‘one stop shop' for everyone so it's easier for us to execute on our mission. 🙂
Beyond plastics, Dr. Mercola recommends the following:
15 Tips to Reduce Your Exposure to Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
Although it's virtually impossible to steer clear of ALL potentially hazardous chemicals, you can certainly minimize your exposure by keeping some key principles in mind.
- Eat mostly fresh whole foods. Processed and packaged foods are a common source of BPA and phthalates—particularly cans, but also foods packaged in plastic wrap.
- Buy products that come in glass bottles rather than plastic or cans.
- Store your food and beverages in glass, rather than plastic, and avoid using plastic wrap. Use glass containers if heating food in your microwave, as heat tends to increase the release of chemicals from plastic. Be aware that even“BPA-free” plastics typically leach other endocrine-disrupting chemicals that are just as bad as BPA.
- Use glass baby bottles for your infants.
- Be careful with cash register receipts. If you use a store regularly, encourage the management to switch to BPA-free receipts. I shop at Publix for my food and when I called them about the receipts it turns out they had already switched. Nevertheless it is wise to limit your contact with all these receipts.
- Look for products that are made by companies that are earth-friendly, animal-friendly, sustainable, certified organic, and GMO-free. This applies to everything from food and personal care products to building materials, carpeting, paint, baby items, furniture, mattresses, and more. When redoing your home, look for “green,” toxin-free alternatives in lieu of regular paint and vinyl floor coverings, the latter of which is another source of phthalates.
- Choose toys made from natural materials to avoid plastic chemicals like phthalates and BPA/BPS, particularly for items your child may be prone to suck or chew on.
- Breastfeed your baby exclusively if possible, for at least the first year (as you will avoid phthalates exposure from infant formula packaging and plastic bottles/nipples).
- Use natural cleaning products, or make your own.
- Switch over to organic toiletries, including shampoo, toothpaste, antiperspirants, and cosmetics. EWG's Skin Deep database can help you find personal care products that are free of phthalates and other potentially dangerous chemicals.26
- Replace your vinyl shower curtain with a fabric one.
- Replace feminine hygiene products (tampons and sanitary pads) with safer alternatives. While most ingredients in feminine hygiene products are undisclosed, tests suggest they may contain dioxins and petrochemical additives.
- Look for fragrance-free products; phthalates are often used to help the product hold its fragrance longer. Artificial fragrance can also contain hundreds—even thousands—of potentially toxic chemicals. Avoid fabric softeners, dryer sheets, air fresheners, and scented candles for the same reason.
- Check your home's tap water for contaminants and filter the water if necessary. You may also want to use an alternative to PVC pipes for your water supply.
- Teach your children not to drink water from the garden hose, as many are made with phthalate-containing plastics.