Have you ever eaten a meal and within a few hours realized that your belly is so bloated that you can't even button your pants?
This is not considered normal and it's a sign of intestinal inflammation such as small intestinal bacteria overgrowth or SIBO.
SIBO inflammation is much more common than you think.
[tweetthis]Do you know that 84% of irritable bowel syndrome (#IBS) sufferers have #SIBO? [/tweetthis]
Here are the highlights of our talk with Dr. Siebecker:
- 00:03:04- About 90% of our health is dictated by what's going on in our digestive tract
- 00:04:22- SIBO occurs when the bacteria in our intestines get out of balance and overgrow
- 00:04:32- The symptoms of SIBO result from the fermentation of bacterial colonies inside the small bowel
- 00:05:17- What are the most common symptoms of SIBO?
- 00:09:29- Some medications can disrupt/influence the normal gut flora like steroids, antibiotics, and acid-blocking drugs
- 00:11:18- Lack of motility, mechanical/structure problem, and immunodeficiency are the main causes of SIBO
- 00:24:11- In SIBO, bacteria from large intestines moved to small intestines. As a result, the bacteria inside small intestines caused excess gas, thus resulting to bloating
[tweetthis]Can #alcoholdrinking and #unhealthydiet cause #SIBO? [/tweetthis]
- 00:43:00 – What can you do to prevent SIBO?
- 00:53:08- Can prokinetics or motility agents work in SIBO patients?
While bacteria is an essential part of a small bowel, small intestinal bacteria overgrowth can lead to leaky gut and multiple diseases. Learn more what exactly is SIBO by watching this video.