This article will get right down to the danger of making assumptions, believing everything you read on the internet, or taking advice from a non skilled professional.
As with everything in life, there’s a lot of misinformation out there on the ‘right’ way to approach something. We tend to hear stories about how others are doing it, and when we hear them tell us what they’re doing, we want to jump on board, which mainly comes down to a few reasons.
A) We trust them
B) We’re being lazy
C) We’re sick and we’re desperate
D) We’ve done a crap ton of research and are OVER it, so we just want someone to tell us what to do.
Through the standard game of ‘telephone’ of what works, we go about doing what others do, without questioning if it really works long term or MOST importantly…if it works for us?
Have you heard this before?
There are literally thousands of types of diets, cleanses and supplements out there…yet we’re still the most fat, fatigued and frustrated than we’ve ever been. WHY? Because there is not ONE diet, approach or supplement strategy that works for EVERYONE. Keto, paleo, vegan, intermittent fasting, bio-identical hormones, colon cleanses, juice fasts…there are a LOT of amazing options today, but just because it works for HER doesn’t mean it will work for YOU.
AND it’s also dangerous to take medical advice from someone who is not a trained health professional, would you agree? Sure, people have good intentions, BUT … why would you leave your detox, healing and recovery journey up to chance like that? For many, an approach may appear like it’s working well, only to come crashing down on them in a month, that turned out to be the worst idea they’ve ever known. Then they find themselves chasing the next trend in diet and detox land, hoping maybe it will work this time. And the next, and the next. Until you hear yourself say “I’ve tried everything…and I’m still not better…Whyyyyyyyy?”
For this reason, we created this ‘Myth List’ for all of the extremely dangerous assumptions many women are making in the Breast Implant Illness space that could have serious side effects, symptoms and suffering down the road. These assumptions can deepen and further conditions like auto-immune disease that if we were able to address the root causes sooner, could have been avoided, and hence lives saved.
Keep in mind, the main reason for these Myths and Rumors circulating is because Breast Implant Illness is a new condition, still not accepted in Western Medicine in the literature, other than certain types of breast implants causing ‘rare forms of cancer’. Sadly, it’s still anecdotal in their training. As per usual, we call bull$hit and hope to shine some light on ways you can get out of this Health hell as soon as possible, by learning sooner than later, how NOT to approach explant, detox and healing, so you can live your Breast Life without losing any more time, money or energy.
1. Myth #1 – Breast implants are the reason for ALL my symptoms and explant is going to solve ALL my health problems. All my symptoms are going to miraculously go away after explant. TRUTH = there are hundreds of other reasons why women suffer with symptoms of Breast Implant Illness, not caused by their implants. It's a PART of the picture but not all
2. Myth #2 – The body detoxes heavy metals, silicone and saline all by itself. I don’t need to do anything other than remove my breast implants because it will take care of itself in time. Time heals all things. TRUTH = It takes 1-2 years of concerted effort of an individualized protocol to detox properly from toxin leakage caused by implants, then heal damaged gut tissues and hormone glands.
3. Myth #3 – My Breast Implants don't cause me any problems. My boobs look and feel fine. TRUTH = Illness Caused by implants are a conglomerate of 80+ symptoms and diagnoses such as brain fog, depression/anxiety, skin issues, hair loss, weight gain, pain, inflammation, chronic fatigue, auto immune disease, sick often, gut problems, low body temp/blood pressure, infertility and more!
4. Myth #4 – My body can’t detox because I have the MTHFR genetic mutation, so I'm screwed. TRUTH = Your genetics can be overridden by your lifestyle, toxic exposure, supplements, stress levels, diet, beliefs and thoughts. Plus, there are far more Detox pathways than MTHFR.
5. Myth #5 – Chlorella, cilantro, and spirulina are good binders for detox post explant surgery. TRUTH = They are very weak bonds and can cause more harm with women who carry a heavy metal load from having breast implants. Stronger detox bonds are highly imperative to effectively clear implant toxins!
6. Myth #6 – I need to do a “candida cleanse” and/or “parasite cleanse” after explant to heal my gut caused by Breast Implant Illness. TRUTH = Pathogens are there for a reason, usually due to poor immune function caused by toxins and trauma. Just killing bugs will not address the reason they are there (weak immune function, hormonal chaos, etc). You must heal the root cause to heal the entire body holistically.
7. Myth #7 – Every symptom I have after explant is a result of detox reaction. TRUTH = Breast Implants and most surgical devices cause our bodies a tremendous amount of stress and destruction that require deeper healing than simply removing the source. Symptoms are rarely detox oriented, but more so signs of something still unwell and unhealed post explant. Detox should not cause unwanted symptoms, misery or debilitation. If it does, you’re doing it wrong.
8. Myth #8 – Blood tests will reveal my health issues and my primary care doctor should know what to look for. If not. a naturopathic doctor will know everything I need to do to heal. TRUTH: Most practitioners are not properly trained on how to explore the deepest root cause issues for why you're not feeling your best. Comprehensive gut, hormonal, and toxicity testing and treatment simultaneously is KEY.
If you’ve already made the choice to Explant, and have a Surgery date scheduled OR if you’ve already explanted and are looking to expedite your healing journey, we’re here for you. CLICK HERE to read more about how we can help, where you can schedule a call with us to determine if we’re a good fit to work with one another.