A kind review of my book, Killer Breasts from a fellow functional medicine practitioner:
“About 400,000 women a year get breast implants. And that means that each year 400,000 women are faced with health challenges that they most likely do NOT know are being caused by them. Most women, myself included, think that they are just fine and not causing any problems. WRONG!
It doesn't matter if they are silicone or saline, the toxins imposed on the body from implants is the root cause of over EIGHTY symptoms, many of which are chalked off to hormone imbalance, genetic predispositions, problems with aging or just plain old normal symptoms of being a woman. If you or someone you love has breast implants PLEASE GET THIS BOOK AND READ IT COVER TO COVER. You will not only save your life (or at least improve the quality of your health and energy), but you will understand what may be going on in your body, and how to methodically and proactively get your health back or prevent the downward spiral once your toxic burden cup overflows.
I am grateful to the author for having the guts to write this book, to share her personal experience and save those of us in her path from, not only the financial expense, but from the heartache and the misery that will ultimately result from having these time bombs ticking away in our bodies. This is your guide and your “how to”. But it is also your opportunity to evolve from having had the experience of implants and learn, as the author says, “the lesson you bought them to teach you.”
Listen To The Podcast Here
Executive assistant to CHI and fellow warrior/soul-sister Jess Del Pino and I discuss my journey after I explanted my breast implants; recovery, fat transfer, and all the in-betweens are covered on this and including some helpful advice for those going through the same journey, covered in my new book Killer Breasts: Overcoming Breast Implant Illness. Even if you aren’t the target audience for this episode, listen to Jess and I have a lot of fun making lemonade out of my lemons 🍋🍋.
In this episode
- • What I would have done DIFFERENTLY with my breasts (besides not get implants in the first place)
- • My experience with implant alternatives (aka FAT TRANSFER)
- • Tips on how to make the best of your breasts
- • How to make your next visit to a plastic surgeon as SAFE and health-conscious as possible
My Results with Fat Transfer = Fat Necrosis & Fibrocystic Breasts
.6 cm of fibrosis in my breasts!
“There are a few disadvantages of breast augmentation fat grafting, such as the survival rate of the breasts is not stable, patients are prone to breast cancer, breast calcification, etc.
Despite being a disadvantage, the survival rate of breast can actually be increased through the technology of stem cells. It must be known that the risk of getting breast cancer does not have anything to do with autologous fat grafting. This can be scientifically proven. Hence, the other major problems that patients should keep an eye on is the post-operation calcification and the formation of lumps. According to medical journals, the success rate of autologous fat grafting is largely related to the process of injection.
Lumps that are smaller than 2cm in diameter can be taken care with fomentation and massage. Consequently, the lump will decrease in size and disappear. For lumps that are greater than 2cm in diameter, the lumps won’t go away if nothing is done. Even though this is not breast cancer and it does not increase the risk of breast cancer, to those who are facing the problem, the surgeons who had carried out the operation should take up the responsibility to resolve the problem instead of treating it with negligence. The most important thing is to pay attention to the way the injection is carried out during the surgery.”
–Dr. Cheng-Hung Chiu
Things I've Been Doing:
- Hyperbaric chamber
- IV chelation
- IV vitamins, glutathione, etc
- Iodine application
- Stem Cell
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Wearing loose bras
Things I Would Have Done:
• I would explant and lift only first and go back for Fat Grafting later
• I would have done these preparations for surgery and beyond:
• Optimize metabolism, hormones and energy by first step reducing emotional stress & mental burden. Prioritize rest, CHI tenants.
• Before you detox, Open pathways FIRST (colon, kidneys, etc)
• Then begin to work on the Lymphatics and getting that pumped
• Calm the CNS, vagal tone, lymphatic efficiency (coats the GI tract).
• Heavy Metal detox after alongside Gut Healing
• I wouldn’t have gone through insurance. I’m STILL battling them on who owes what. Think about it as 3 separate surgeries, it’s confusing.
• $128 for the Explant portion (usually costs $5-8k for just this part)
• $8,500 paid to Dr. Strawn
• $2,000 or so paid for anesthesiology
• $3,450 facility fee
• I would have slowed down. Don't miss the message. I have clients that remove them and just keep working full time or bury themselves more. Still hiding from the story of not enough and covering it up with perfectionist prison just in another form.
• I would get a looser bra and compression garment and try them on/ wear them for a full day or 2 before using them for surgery
• I would do a SonoCine rather than the MRI, ultrasound, and Thermogram after being constantly harassed to do a mammogram.
• I would avoid Fluoroquinolones, a class of antibiotics.
Steps I Would Advise You On Now
• Get my book. It has everything you need to get started on your journey
• Consider other implants and address them (form a plan and pace yourself) – in the mouth and in your mind.
• Do TWC with us. Learn the foundations on how to reduce stress in, on and around your body including your mind. I’m always surprised how many women don’t have their foundations and roots of their CHI.
•You’ll get freebies with that such as what to ask your doctor, how to pick one that’s best for you, etc. For ex: mine is a year out wait list and he no longer accepts insurance. Reach out to me if you are the kind of person who prefers to have her hand held through a journey that’s tough to explore on your own.
•I have an advanced team to help you through this entire process from start to finish including all of the homeopathic and boob biohack treatments at a reduced rate than you would on your own.
“Love your body with nourishment” [26:06]
“You cannot get all the nutrients you need from soil, 95% of modern soil is genetically modified.” [06:30]
“We are living in the most toxic world we’ve ever had.” [45:45]