TOP THREE MYTHS:
· I poop every day I don’t need a colonic.
· Ain't nobody stickin' no tube up my ass (says those who need it the most usually with UC, IBS, IBD)
· My doctor did a colonoscopy and said everything was clear, so my bowels are good.
Today, I am joined by Kitty Marteen, CT, a digestion wizard. She uses Colonics and Reflexology to tune up sluggish fueling systems. With 20 years of experience in holistic wellness, Kitty educates and demystifies how eating, lifestyle and ways of thinking affect the colon — and how the condition of the colon impacts your health. Kitty teaches how you can restore your colon to its optimal functionality, naturally.
Listen To The Podcast Here
Want a treatment from Kitty in person (Orange County, Los Angeles, CA)?
COUPON CODE: DKPodcast — use this code for a free second treatment + frequency balancing with your first visit
In this episode
- Find out WHAT to ask your colon hydrotherapist
- Learn how everyone can benefit from a colonic, even if you have regular bowel movements
- Enemas: coffee, saline, and everything in-between!
- The HEALTH DRAWBACKS from colonic therapy (spoiler alert, there are none!)
The Colonic Experience
4 Steps to Finding a good therapist near you:
- Uses OPEN system
- Gauge by Yelp reviews
- Check certifications (esp reflexologist – acupuncture without needles). Especially look for someone trained in this.
- Bonus if they use essential oils to support the body’s senses during treatment!
DID YOU KNOW 80% of your immunity lives in your gut and the majority of Americans are sick often because they have more bad bugs than good bugs, the main cause for being sick often, rapid aging, weight gain and mood disorders?
Put Simply: Genes are NOT the primary driver, as we have been lead to believe. Probiotics, aka microbes control 99% of who we are; only 1% of who we are is controlled by our own genes.
BUT…not just ‘any’ probiotic will do. The spore species and custom blend in this formula is designed to reach the large intestine where it works it’s magic. The majority of probiotics get destroyed by the acidic environment of the stomach before it even reaches its destination to seed the gut and balance the biome with the seeding this special group of microbes is designed to do.
Watch my Colon Hydrotherapy session with Kitty:
Watch my instructional video on how to do a coffee enema at home!
In the United States, colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer-related deaths in men and in women, and the second most common cause of cancer deaths when men and women are combined. It's expected to cause about 53,200 deaths during 2020. They say the incidence is decreasing because of early detection of polyps but that’s limiting causes of cancer to only physical abnormalities.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR COLON HYDROTHERAPIST
- Do you use an open system or a closed system?
- Does it hurt?
- Is it messy?
- Can you lower the water pressure if I feel uncomfortable while you’re filling my colon?
- How often should I get colonics?
- Are there any negative side effects ?
- If I have ulcerative colitis, can I get a colonic ?
- If I’m pregnant, can I get a colonic?
- What does a colonic do?
- Can I eat before a colonic?
- How will I feel after my colonic?
- How many colonics do I need to feel amazing?
“If your body is healing from an imbalance, it will take advantage of the water, your small intestine will absorb about 30%, and most of the water will be absorbed in the large intestine.” [18:35]
“You can be drinking water all day and you may not even be absorbing it because there may be a wall of mucus in your colon that prevents absorption.” [22:10]
“The best time to detoxify is before the holidays, most people will be like ‘oh, let's wait until after I eat all that crap' but consider when does flu season start? After January 1st, people start to get sick because they're all full of toxicity.” [01:01:55]